In the case of special circumstances, you may be exempted from certain conditions for obtaining housing (for example, the waiting list or age limitations).
If you wish to apply for dispensation, you must submit a housing application on StudentHousingAarhus.com first. After, you must send an dispensation application, including your application number, to RIU (The Regional Nomination Committee) with the following information.
If you are applying for an dispensation from the age limitations, and are under 17 years of age, you cannot submit a housing application. In order to apply for exemption, you must send an email, explaining why you want to move to Aarhus and what your future education plans are. If it is approved, you will receive more information about the application and what you need to do in the future.
Please note that if you're not a Danish citizen, you must be 18 years old in order to get a contract.
- Date of birth
- Education, institution, year of admission and area of study.
- Application (what are you applying for?)
- Reason for your dispensation application. Remember that your arguments must relate specifically to your housing situation. Others cannot apply on your behalf.
- Documentation from public authorities etc. (these must be sent if you are applying for dispensation from the waiting list). This can be for example, a declaration from a doctor, psychologist or case worker. It is important that the material includes a professional assessment which supports that for which you are applying.
- Two room apartments are not usually offered to single applicants.
- Housing in the centre of Aarhus is not usually offered, except in very special circumstances. It is therefore recommended that you apply for housing on the outskirts of Aarhus.
- Applications must be with the housing office at least eight days before the next RIU-meeting.
Applications and attachments should be sent to:
Det Regionale Indstillingsudvalg
Hack Kampmanns Plads 1-3, 1.th.
8000 Aarhus C
or send a secure email.