Other questions

1. Termination of the lease

You can find the termination form at the website of your housing organisation. 

Housing organisations

2. Is it possible to apply for an exemption from certain conditions for being granted accommodation?

You can apply for exemption from certain conditions for being granted accommodation, if their are special circumstances which entitle you to be prioritised for a particular residence or area.
The requirements for applying for exemption from the waiting list and/or exemption from the type of education that you are undertaking are:
Create a ordinary application on StudenthousingAarhus.com. After, you must send an exemption application, including your application number, to Det Regionale Indstillingsudvalg (the Regional Nomination Committee) with the following information. 
  • Name
  • Cpr number
  • Education, institution, year of admission and area of study.
  • Application (what are you applying for?)
  • Reason for your exemption application. Remember that your arguments must relate specifically to your housing situation. Others cannot apply on your behalf.
  • Documentation from public authorities etc. (these must be sent if you are applying for exemption from the waiting list). This can be for example, a declaration from a doctor, psychologist or case worker.
  • It is important that the material includes a professional assessment which supports the exemption for which you are applying.
  • Two room apartments are not usually offered to single applicants.
  •  Housing in the centre of Aarhus is not usually offered, except in very special circumstances. It is therefore recommended that you apply for housing on the outskirts of Aarhus.
You can also apply for exemption from the age requirements.
These applications must be sent to:

Det Regionale Indstillingsudvalg
c/o Kollegiekontoret
Nordhavnsgade 1, 1.th.
8000 Aarhus C

or to l RIU@kollegiekontoret.dk